It is well known that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was an Arab form the tribe of Quraish, the decedents of Prophet Ishmael (pbuh) the eldest son of Prophet Abraham (pbuh). Ishmael in infancy was left in the wilderness along with his mother Hager. They miraculously survived and the place developed in to city of Makkah a religious and commercial centre. Later Abraham came to offer sacrifice of his only son Ishmael, but he was saved by God. Abraham built the first House of Worship of One God along with his son Ishmael, it is now known as Kaba (the direction of prayer for worship of One God (Allah) symbolizing the unity of Muslims). He also established the rites of Pilgrimage (Hajj). The advent of Muhammad has been prophesied in the Old Testament as well as in New Testament, some are mentioned here:
1. God Calls Abraham :“I will make thee a great nation and I shall bless thee, and make thy name great and thou shall be a blessing, and I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curseth thee; and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed”. (Genesis;12:2,3):
2. God Said To Hagar: “I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude. And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold thou art with child, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.” (Genesis;17:10-12)
3. God Said To Abraham about Ishmael: “As for Ishmael, I have heard thee; Behold I have blessed him, and make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, I will make him a great nation.” (Genesis;17:20-21)
4. Right of The First Born: “If a man has two wives, one beloved another hated; and if the first born son be hers that was hated; then it shall be that when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved first born, before the son of the hated which is indeed the first born, by giving him the double portion of all that he hath; for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of firstborn is his”. (Deuteronomy;21:15-17)
[Note.—Ishmael was 14 years old when Isaac was born.]
5. The Blessing of Moses: “And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran (Arabic: Faran) came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in your hand: and they sat down at your feet; everyone shall receive of your words. Moses commanded us a law, even the inheritance of the congregation of Jacob”. (Deuteronomy;33:2-4).
6. The Age of Peace: “And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days. Gather yourselves together, and hear, you sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. Reuben, you are my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, you shall not excel; because you went up to your father’s bed; then you defiled it: he went up to my couch. Simeon and Levi are brothers; instruments of cruelty are in their habitations. O my soul, come not into their secret; unto their assembly, my spirit, be not united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their self-will they dug down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel. Judah, you are he whom your brothers shall praise: your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father’s children shall bow down before you. Judah is a lion’s whelp: from the prey, my son, you are gone up: he stooped down, he crouched as a lion, and as a lioness; who shall rouse him up? The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until SHILOH (Peace, Islam) comes; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be”.(Genesis;49:1-10)
7. The Vision of Isaiah: “And he hath seen a chariot–a couple of horsemen, The rider of an ass, the rider of a camel, And he hath given attention–He hath increased attention!”(Isaiah;21:7) [Young’s Bible Literal Translation]. “He saw two riders one of them was a rider upon an ass, and the other rider was upon a camel, he harkened diligently with much heed.”(Isaiah;21:7) [Vulgate Bible]
8. Jesus Was The Promised Rider Upon Ass: “And Jesus, when he had found a young donkey, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Zion: behold, your King comes, sitting on a donkey’s colt. These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him”.(John;12:14-16)
9. Another Version Supporting the Above: “Tell the daughter of Zion, Behold, your King comes unto you, meek, and sitting upon a donkey, and a colt the foal of a donkey. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, And brought the donkey, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they sat him thereon. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and spread them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. And when he came into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.(Matthew;21:5-11)—Who is the promised rider upon the camel? Obviously it refers to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)!
10. The Chosen Servant: “Behold my servant, whom I uphold; my elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth justice to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth justice unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he has established justice in the earth: and the coastlands shall wait for his law. Thus says God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; he that gives breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk in it: I the LORD have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and give you for a covenant to the people, for a light to the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images”. (Isaiah;42:1-8)
11. Prevail Against Jealous Enemies: “Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar does inhabit: let the inhabitants of Sela sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the coastlands. The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, shout aloud; he shall prevail against his enemies.”(Isaiah;42:11-13)
12. Brethren, Not Brothers; Prophecy of Moses: God speaks to Prophet Moses: “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him”(Deuteronomy; 18:18,19).
Relating this prophesy with Jesus is not correct as the analysis indicate that it is related with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): Among the prophets which followed Prophet Moses, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is most like Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) where as Jesus (peace be upon him) had nothing common with Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) except being a Jew and prophet, (In Christianity, Jesus is believed to be Son of God, one of the three persons of the Trinity). Moreover, being descendent of Prophet Ishmael, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is among the brethren of Jews, who was like Moses.
13. Similarities: Moses & Muhammad (peace be upon them): Prophet Muhammad and Moses (peace be upon them) had a normal birth through father and a mother, while Jesus (peace be upon him) was miraculously born without any male intervention. (Mathew; 1:18 and Luke; 1:35 and also Qur’an;3:42-47). Both were married, had children and died natural deaths. Muhammad (peace be upon him) is from among the brethren of Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) being descendent of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) through his sons Ishmael and Isaac (peace be upon them) respectively. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was unlettered, hence in verbatim repeated the revelations conforming phrase; “Words in the mouth”. Prophet Moses & Muhammad (peace be upon them) brought new laws and new regulations for their people, besides, both were accepted as messengers of God by their people in their lifetime. They ruled over their communities (as kings), they could inflict capital punishment where as Jesus (peace be upon them) said, “My kingdom is not of this world.” (John; 18:36), Jesus was not accepted by most of his people in his life time: “He came unto his own, but his own received him not.”(Gospel of John;1:11) and he (Jesus) did not bring any new laws, Jesus said; “Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them..;”(Mathew;5:17-18).
14. Song of Solomon: Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is mentioned by name in the Old Testament: “His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely (Muhammadim). This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.”(Song of Solomon; 5:16). :”Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem.“” In the Hebrew language ‘im’ is added for respect. Similarly ‘im’ is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as “altogether lovely”, but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is still present.
15. Change of Leadership from Jews: Jesus through parables said: “Therefore I say unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.”(Matthew;21:43),“Salt is good: but if the salt has lost its taste, how shall it be restored? It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dung hill; but men cast it out. He that has ears to hear, let him hear”(Luke;14:34-35, also Mathew;5:16, Mark;9:50). “What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the tenants, and will give the vineyard unto others.”(Mark;12:9).This may also be linked with: “Open the gates, that the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in”(Isaiah;26:2).
These parables apply to the Jews. They had been the children of the kingdom, or under the reign of God; having his law, and acknowledging him as King. They had been his chosen and peculiar people. But he says that now this privilege should be taken away, and they cease to be the peculiar people of God; and the blessing should be given to a nation who would bring forth the fruits thereof, or be righteous. Keeping in view the Covenant with Abraham (Genesis;12:2,3, 17:10-12, 17:20-21), it obviously refers to the Children of Ishmael, to keep the leadership within the progeny of Abraham.
16. Spirit of Truth, Glorify Jesus: “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth (referring to Muhammad) is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me”(John; 16:12-14). [Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) spoke verbatim the revelations received through angel Gabriel, (Qur’an), he also glorified Jesus Christ]
17.Comforter: Paracletos;:“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter (Paracletos), that he may abide with you forever.”(John; 14:16). [Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) delivered the message of God, (Qur’an), which is available to Christians and all the humanity in original uncorrupted form for their peace and comfort till eternity.]
18. Witness to the Truthfulness of Jesus: “But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me;” (John; 15:26). [Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), bore witness of truthfulness of Jesus as messenger of God, he also glorified Jesus Christ]
19.The Comforter to Come after Jesus Christ: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”(John;16:7). [Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), came six centuries after departure of Jesus Christ]
Referring these prophesies to ‘Holy Ghost’ is irrelevant, because as per Christian theology ‘Holy Ghost’ was already present (dove upon Jesus) and is considered as one of Trinity. Moreover what ‘new thing’ ‘Holy Ghost’ has brought after departure of Jesus Christ in last 2000 years? (‘Holy Ghost’ is believed to be guiding the Churches).
All these prophesies are clearly applicable to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). As explained earlier, Ahmed” or “Muhammad” meaning “the one who praises” or “the praised one” is almost the translation of the Greek word par-ak’-lay-tos; Periclytos. In the Gospel of John;14:16, 15:26, and 16:7, Jesus (peace be upon him) actually prophesized “Ahmed” by name, word ‘Comforter’ in Greek Paracletos, Periclytos refers to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Allah says in Qur’an: “Those to whom We have given the Scripture (their scholars) recognize this (Muhammad) as they know their own sons. Those who have lost their own souls refuse therefore to believe.”(Qur’an;6:20), “And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, ‘O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.’ But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, ‘This is evident sorcery!”(Qur’an; 61:6). Ye People of the Book! Why do ye clothe truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while ye have knowledge?”(Qur’an;3:71).
20. Sharp Sword of Words :“And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword that with it he should smite nations”(Revelations;19:15).This means that the religion of the Final Prophet will be supported by the sword of words; it will be the ideological ascendancy of religion of submission to God which will vanquish nations; the main strength of the last Prophet of God will be words which man utters rather than metals which are extracted from the earth. This is a great prophecy. It means that the followers of the Final Prophet will never be defenseless or empty-handed. They will, potentially, have supreme might at their command, even when they seem powerless. The secret of the strength of follower of last Prophet is the ascendancy of its thought and that is something which can never be taken away from it. This prophecy can not be applicable but Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The Word of God that was revealed to him had taken most of the known world by storm. Today also the power of the word of God can work wonders, on the condition that the followers convey it as he and his companions did.
From above it may be deduced that the prophet after Jesus Christ would be:
One needs not to be a genius to deduce that; all above, points towards none but, The Last Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Must also read: The Last Prophet : http://wp.me/PCgrB-mf