He sent messengers with revelations for guidance of people, to believe and worship just One God. The revelations, some recorded in the form of books were corrupted with the passage of time, which can easily be discovered with some effort. Aim was to keep the believe in one God alive in the human nature. Even if some one is not aware of any revealed book or message, (people of interregnum) believe in one God is natural as found among the primitive African & Australian tribes. Hence if the final message of divine guidance (Quran) has not been delivered to someone, he is bound by nature and intellect to reach the conclusion about existence of one Supreme Creator, the God:
“We will show them Our signs in the universe and within their own beings until it will become manifest to them that it is the truth. Is it not enough about your Lord that He is witness to everything?” (Quran;41:53)
Abraham , peace be upon him, was the great monotheist who reached to the conclusion of existence of Just One God through use of his intellect by observation of signs of God in nature:
- Be tolerant; enjoin what is right; and avoid the ignorant (Quran 7:199)
- “…and you should forgive And overlook: Do you not like God to forgive you? And Allah is The Merciful Forgiving.”[Qur’an;24:22]
- “..be good to your parents, kinfolks, orphans, the helpless, near and far neighbors who keep company with you..” [Qur’an;4:36].
- “.. Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyselfs..”(Matthew 22:39-40, similarly Leviticus 19:18)
- “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. for this is the law and the prophets.[Matthew 7:12 similarly see Luke 6:31]
- “What is hateful to you, do not to your fellowmen. That is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary”: Talmud, Shabbat 31:a
- “You like for the people what you like for yourself, and you dislike for them what you dislike for yourself.”[Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)Al-Tirmidhi Hadith,11, 1334]
- “One should never do that to another which one regards as injurious to one’s own self. This, in brief, is the rule of dharma. Other behavior is due to selfish desires. [Brihaspati, Mahabharata (Anusasana Parva, Section CXIII, Verse 8)]
- “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.” [Confucius, Analects XV.24]
- “What you do not want to happen to you, do not do it yourself either. ” [ Sextus the Pythagorean]
- Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.[Udanavarga 5:18 Budhaism]
- “Whom should I despise, since the one Lord made us all [Var Sarang, Guru Granth Sahib, tr. Patwant Singh, —p.1237]
One has to make sincere effort and seek for help from God for guidance to the true path, here is a prayer:
“In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. All praise is due to God, the Lord of the Universe; the Beneficent, the Merciful; Lord of the Day of Judgement. You alone we serve, and to You alone we turn for help. Guide us to the straight path: the path of those You have blessed; not of those who have incurred Your wrath, nor of those who have gone astray.” (Quran:1:1-7)
“Surely, God does not forgive that a partner is ascribed to Him, and He forgives anything short of that for whomsoever He wills. Whoever ascribes a partner to God commits a terrible sin”.(Qur’an;4:48, 116)*
“SAY: He is the God; the One and Only. God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being. “He begets not, and neither is He begotten; “and there is nothing that could be compared with Him”. (Quran;112:1-4).
“I ALONE AM GOD! I AM GOD and there is NONE LIKE ME”(Isaiah 46:9)
“Be tolerant; enjoin what is right; and avoid the ignorant”.(Quran;7:199)
“As for those who are bent on denying the truth and on barring [others] from the path of God – all their [good] deeds will He let go to waste; whereas those who have attained to faith and do righteous deeds, and have come to believe in what has been bestowed from on high on Muhammad – for it is the truth from their Sustainer – [shall attain to God’s grace:] He will efface their [past] bad deeds, and will set their hearts at rest.” (47:1-2)
“Those who believe (in the Qur’an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (2:62,5:69)
“To every People have We appointed rites and ceremonies which they must follow: let them not then dispute with thee on the matter, but do thou invite (them) to thy Lord: for thou art assuredly on the Right Way. (22:67)
Every one is urged to ponder and rationally believe in Just One God, the pure Monotheism, and the final guidance provided by Him. The books, articles, videos, magazines and other material by “Peace Forum NetWork”, managed by Aftab Khan may lead towards the same goal.
“God is the Sovereign in the Universe. Whoever ascribes partners to God, or divinity to any of His creation, has indeed invented a tremendous sin. Allah will forgive any transgression but polytheism (SHIRK). Included in this category are those who worship their own desire (45:23), those who indulge in human worship and in sectarianism (30:31), (42:21), and those who follow man-made books in lieu of the Book of Allah (6:122), (6:137), and those who claim or believe in Revelation after the Qur’an, in any form, including claims of attaining Divine knowledge through mystical experience (6:62), (7:173), (7:191). And those who uphold Trinity (4:171), (5:72-73.) And those who claim that God has a son, and those who follow their religious leaders. “They take their rabbis, priests and monks to be their Lords* besides Allah. And they take as their Lord, the Messiah son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God. There is no god but He. Praise and Glory to Him, He is far too Glorious for what they ascribe to Him. (*Talmud shows the Jewish superstition of ascribing divinity to Ezra, rabbis, saints, doctors of law and learned men. And the doctrine of Papal infallibility, divinity of saints and praying to them are common in the Roman Catholic Church).(Quran;9:31) Such people fall from the high station of humanity. Worshiping any entity other than Allah, sinks the human “Self” down to subhuman levels (22:31). But most of those who claim belief (and call themselves Muslims), indulge in SHIRK (12:106).[Translation by Dr.Shabbir Ahmed].
“So set thy face to the religion, a man of pure faith — God’s original upon which He originated mankind. There is no changing God’s creation. That is the right religion; but most men know it not (Quran;30:30)
Read more >>> Monotheism and Polytheism
Short Link: http://wp.me/pCgrB-iY